Saturday, June 6, 2009

God's Orchestration of Time in the Talmud?

You know, when I first began this inquiry into my pastor's claim that Believers Buy Time, a doctrine he's taught since the 1960's -- I had no idea it would lead to the massive disclosure from Bible about God's Orchestration Rules for Time. I didn't know the doctrine was already in the Talmud, and of course I didn't know about the Apochryphal books of Enoch and Jubilees.

I didn't know ANYTHING, except that my pastor taught from Genesis 5 and Daniel 9. When proofing just those two chapters, I kept on making accounting mistakes like the 'scholars' do, trying to find what human king would have decreed the rebuilding -- and found none that fit. The conventional argument that Artaxerxes was that king, didn't wash. Sir Robert Anderson's long-revered book The Coming Prince, also didn't wash. The timeline continued to be off.

Finally I gave up and asked God to cause me to find a balanced accounting, via Daniel 9. Mirroring.htm resulted from it; the entire 490+70+490=1000+50 resulted from it, all sheer math which any accountant can come up with. Backed up with many Bible verses, of course.

That was back in May 2004. So I didn't know that other pastors were working on the same thing, and I certainly didn't know Isaiah 53's Hebrew meter employed the same 490+70+490=1000+50 construct; and I didn't know that Psalm 90 used it, with Isaiah playing off Moses. I learned the Isaiah 53 meter, in spring 2008; I just learned the Psalm 90 meter, a month ago.

So imagine the surprise, when yesterday vetting to see WHO ELSE may have known all this, I find curious references by Jews on the internet to TALMUDIC interpretations of this same doctrine. Their interpretations are off (or expressed in ways that make them seem off), but the idea is there: God treats Time like a balance sheet.

Rambam knew something of this. So did other rabbis before and after him. So now my task is to learn what they knew, and just how different was their understanding. For I can prove the 490+70+490=1000+50 from BIBLE; but can't yet find out, when this information stopped being known.

That's the task in which I'm engaged now. So I updated brainoutFAQ.htm #6b to show what I learned in Talmud so far (no source cites, since you can Google for that). And, what I'll test next.

By the way, I also updated that brainoutFAQ to add a #2a which serves as a doctrinal statement of beliefs. If you've been reading my pages for awhile, you don't need this. But if you are a new reader, it might help you.

No comments: