Bible verses distinguish between the two dictators in a manner which suggests quite a different flow of events.
- Verses on the Jewish Dictator: Daniel 11:36-40, Gen 49:16-18 (tribe of Dan), Rev 16:13, 19:20, 20:10.
- Verses on the Gentile Dictator: Rev 13:1-9, 17:8-13; Dan 2:31-45 (feet), 'little horn' of Dan 7:8-9, 19-26; 'prince of Dan 9:26-27, man of sin of 2Thess 2:3-10.
- These verses are from my pastor's 1970 Daniel series Lesson 64. I also have extensive notes from his 4-year long almost daily exegesis of Revelation, which I heard back during 1981-1985; those notes agree. But the distinction between the anti-christs was something I didn't properly notice in Bible, until yesterday!
- the 144,000 Jewish evangelists, and
- the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 warning everyone away from the Temple (which by then will be illegally rebuilt, thus causing the Jewish dictator to be ticked off).
- You've got all those disasters, and finally
- you've an angel flying in the sky warning people at Revelation 9's end, 3rd year of Trib.
- Trib mid-point, per Daniel 9:27 the Gentile and Jewish dictators break apart, turning to war.
- Yet THEN the Jewish dictator puts the GENTILE's statue in the Temple, presumably because the latter claims credit for having killed the Two Witnesses at Trib mid-point.
The other problem is this: why would Daniel suddenly be talking about the false Jewish prophet, when all the other Daniel references are to the Gentile dictator? So the above revised scenario, really hinges on who is the 'king' in Daniel 11:36-40.
If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.